So my work takeover FINALLY happened, the week before Christmas!
And now it's a New Year!
So what am I doing? Finishing up my New Hire & Assistant Director training classes in Austin, TX!
I'm so glad to be back in Houston.
I had a week of new hire training, then I came back on Friday and moved into my new apartment with Rachael G. & Brittany Q. over the weekend. I am so glad we had help! My family, Cortney, Brittany S., Emmanuel, Joshua, and Manwell all helped us get our stuff moved in and the old apartments cleaned up. They were such a blessing. Then I came back for the assistant director training this week. I've been exhausted since last Tuesday....
I will be so happy to get back home to my new apartment and finally get some real rest!!!! :)
So the first week of training, my boss said I talked too much. However, the teachers had told me to participate.... So I took even more notes & completely filled my first spiral. Then the second week, I talked less, and doodled on the back of my first spiral so I would pay attention. (I'm GT, so my brain normally goes faster than the class, and so I have to keep myself a touch distracted so I don't start daydreaming. - Look it up in TIME magazine)
Well... the lady sitting next to me noticed the first day that I was doodling, and asked if I had ADD. I said, "No, I'm GT. blah, blah, blah." Then the second day, the teacher brought it up and asked me if I had seen the article in TIME magazine about the study some scientist did on doodling (which I hadn't at that point). I could tell that my boss and some of the others in the class thought I was not paying attention or was being rude. Thankfully, the teacher clarified and said it was a good thing for me to doodle, because I would remember more information. :) But my boss still said I couldn't doodle in her meetings when we get back to our property. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment